Wednesday 29 June 2011

Wild animals

Last week my bike's lovely electric motor started sounding really unhealthy. It has been in the shop since then.

Bummed a couple of automobile rides off of Helen, and have gone to work on the other days on her bike, and one time on foot.

Hers is the same bike as mine. A Giant brand model called a Twist. Her bike, however, has a much smaller frame. Much, much smaller frame. It is not comfortable at all, but it works.

This has had no effect on my running, except for the one day when I got a ride to school, and ran home afterwards.

Tonight I did a normal, evening run. Lots of dogs. For some reason, most of the dog walkers tonight had multiple pooches.

Saw one other critter.

A big old black bear wandered casually across the gravel road ahead of me. I haven't seen a bear around here for quite a while. They are around, but our paths haven't crossed. Tonight they did.

Nothing exciting happened, other than the sighting itself. As the bear didn't seem concerned by my running, I just kept going. Reached where he had re-entered the bush, and couldn't see anything. Somehow they don't disturb the underbrush the way a person or a dog would.

He had vanished.

I wonder if he was watching me go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment