Sunday 5 June 2011

Love the bike

I got my wonderful electric bike about two years ago. Originally, I got one from Canadian Tire. It had been non-functioning piece of crap, and the store gave me all kinds of grief. Do NOT buy one from Canadian Tire.

Well, anyhow, after about a month of bad service, I got a refund and found another electric bike dealer.

I got sparkling service from Spin Cycles in Gibsons, and bought the perfect electric bike.

Very soon afterwards, Helen bought one as well. We ride together during holiday time, but she doesn't use the bike through the work year.

Last week I hauled both of our bikes out, and bullied her into going for a ride. She loved it and didn't want to stop.

Today, she was up very early, all dressed, and ready to go again. I was the slow poke this time.

Lots of quiet streets, and forest trails. It was lovely. She kept saying how much she was enjoying herself.

It's nice to see something that has become somewhat mundane through someone else's eyes. I saw things afresh. I always enjoy my rides, but I loved it more, just because she was loving it, too.

We are social beasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment