Tuesday 21 June 2011

Training times

Karate tonight is cancelled.

Normal again for Wednesday and Friday. Next week with seminars in the city there would be no classes here at all. I volunteered to lead anybody that shows up on Tuesday.

So our usual 3 classes a week have turned into a week of two sessions, and a week of one. Summer schedules always do this. Nature of the beast.

But let's say somebody is a keener, and goes to every minute of the city seminars. Six days in a row of training. How many classes is that?

Six days of training, with a total of seven sessions. Each session is only one hour in length. Bit light, compared to what I'm used to. Only 7 hours. I might be able to make the last two days, but don't know yet.

Up north, on the 3 days of a seminar weekend we'd squeeze out a lot more hours than that. We would get closer to 12 hours of training.

Anyhow, that's the plan.

This summer in Victoria, I plan on taking Judo classes. The Victoria Judo club has been in operation for well over 50 years. I used to catch a bus downtown where they used to have their Dojo. It was always fascinating as a kid to see the pictures by the door, and see tough looking people going in and out.

I don't know how many Judo sessions I'll be able to attend, what with family and all. We'll see how much I can learn. Might make some interesting blog entries, too. No way I can get slammed into the ground that much without some spectacular results.

I also plan on going to some hot yoga sessions. Of course, this is yoga done in a hundred degrees. Might help with any Judo aches and pains. Can't hurt.

Bet I get winded, several times.

But who need breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment