Wednesday 1 June 2011

Miles

I have been in touch with my old Karate instructor, Sakurai Sensei, recently. He said that it would be OK if I trained with him the next time he would be in Canada. OK, that is, if it was permitted by the hierarchy of my old association.

They have answered in the positive, and invited me to a couple of sessions during Sakurai Sensei's upcoming visit.

So what kind of training sessions have I been invited to share? A kids' class? A coloured belt class? Perhaps a Black Belt class? Not exactly.

Sakurai Sensei will be training the JKA Canadian National team in preparation for the Shoto Cup. I have been invited to THAT training. Holy smoke!

I assume we will be doing a mess of free-fighting training. On my very best day ever, I wouldn't stand a chance with the least of these guys.

I am looking forward to seeing Sakurai Sensei again, but am just as pumped to be included in the team training.

It's funny. Just when one thinks there are no milestones left, one pops up.

Tag, Mister Milestone. I got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment