Friday 10 June 2011

100 km...

Almost every weekend, I consider going to Vancouver.

Big deal, says you.

No car. Bike only.

I'd bum a ride to the ferry from my wife, with the bike on the carrier. Kiss goodbye, and she heads back to Saturday music activities.

Once off the ferry, it would be a lovely 31.3 km ride to my friend Mike's Dojo. He's a 4th Dan, and I've known him since 1990.

The ride back to the boat would, of course also be 31.3 km. Off the ferry again on our side, and then a further 31.5 km ride home.

Why don't I do it? It would be almost 100 km of pedalling. That's a heck of a lot. Helen is also convinced that the Vancouver drivers like to squish country-folk bikers, and would worry. It would also mean leaving home at 5:30am and getting back about 5:30pm. It'd be a long day.

On the plus side, a fine Karate class. Also, great bike riding, both near home, and on some of North Vancouver's loveliest, quiet streets. Probably would be restaurant meal in there someplace, too.

Maybe even some ferry food

No comments:

Post a Comment