Monday 27 June 2011

A single class

This week we have no Karate classes at all, except for Tuesday. I'll be teaching that one.

What to do? I could just continue with our usual routines.

Same warm up. Same basics. Same stuff.

I could also make it all different. Weird warm up. Alternate basics. Maybe all hippy stuff.

When I was Sensei with this club, I tried to establish a class routine. Since then, the routine has evolved into what we currently do. Nothing wrong with it at all.

With me being a one time teacher I perhaps should do something different. Maybe I should think on that a bit.

Warm up; perhaps plyometrics. Maybe isometrics.

Technique? Wonder if I could get the wrestling room at chat. That could be interesting.

Why do this? It would be more fun for me, but the idea isn't to have classes that are fun for the instructor. Not even principally to have a fun class for the students. The idea is supposed to be a class that will move the students a small step towards...what?

Being better people? Better Karateka? Better Martial Artists? I've been an instructor since 1983, and I don't know the right answer.

Maybe fun is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment