Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hockey night

Vancouver hockey fans seem to be very upset today. The most common phrase I've heard is, "we lost".

Funny, I didn't know we were all part of the team.

I've never really understood ball or puck sports. Team games are a mystery to me. I do understand how they can be fun to play, but they are painful to watch.

I can enjoy a good solo sport, and I don't mean tennis. Watching runners can be fun. Bikes, too.

I do seem to like most forms of combatives. One on one, in a version of fighting. We used to watch boxing at grandpa's house back when I was a tiny kid.

Seeing Ali fight anybody was a treat. Or Leonard, or Roy Jones.

Used to watch kickboxing back in the '80s. I have always liked Judo, and Wrestling (real). MMA is jolly fun.

Of course, I like watching Karate competition. I even like fencing, and Kendo.

But I'm weird. Maybe I should buy a jersey for some team geographically near to my location, and a sport with a ball or similar object evolved, and join the crowd.

1 comment:

  1. No Never join the crowd, stromkins. Your individuality is what makes you AMAZING and truly special. dont change

    ReplyDelete