Thursday 9 June 2011

Listen to your body...

Last year, my weight went well over 190 pounds. This was a big deal for me, as I'd never been that large before.

Various weight calculator websites say I should be under 170.

I think all of the extra bulk was sticking out over the front of my belt.

I don't think the weight calculators figure my goal very well. With all the running, biking, and kicking, I have a lot of muscle on my legs. Made my goal to be under 175.

I am there.

Now I eat more carefully, and cut back if I hit 175, until I'm back near to 170. This seems to work for me. I've seen video of myself, and it looks right.

I can imagine myself really huge, if I should just eat like my whims want me to, and if I didn't exercise so much.

I hate people who say, "Listen to your body."

Mine says quite clearly, "ice cream, chips and TV remote control."

Sometimes it shouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment