Saturday 18 June 2011

Camera

Today, my lovely wife game me a Gopro camera for my 55th birthday. This is exactly what I want.

It is a lightweight, movie/still/timelapse waterproof stabilized toughie made for getting wild. It comes with a ton of mounts to hook it up on one's head, or it can bolt to things, or be mounted on a helmet.

Mine is currently on the front of my bike helmet, and set to do a timelapse of my next ride. As soon as the sky breaks up and it gets sunny, I'll be out the door.

If it works like I expect, I have a new hobby.

I've tried mounting my regular cameras to my bike frame, but they just never seemed secure.

This camera setup is built for what I want. It is on my head right now, so I can figure out where it's pointed. No viewfinder at all. Saves weight that way. Definitely a specialty item, but I'm special.

I've already decided on ordering a few more of their optional mounts.

How can I be addicted before I've ever even done it?

No comments:

Post a Comment