Friday 17 June 2011

Front Kick

The very first kick I ever learned was front snap kick. It is a very simple technique.

Since then my repertoire has grown to include roundhouse kick, side snap kick, side thrust, front thrust, back, crescent, inside crescent, reverse roundhouse, axe, and maybe more.

Many are deceptive. Some are powerful. Some are fast.

However, if I'm free fighting, 90% of the kicks I throw are front snap kicks.

For me it is the fastest, and most direct. I can throw it high, or low.

Simplicity is its virtue.

Watch any tournament, and you'll find that most of the kicks are front kicks. I am not alone in seeing the virtue in simplicity.

To kick somebody, fire a line directly from your foot to their body, and launch your foot exactly up that line. That is a front kick.

Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment