Saturday 2 July 2011

Camera

I have a really cool camera. It is made tough enough to fasten on surfboards, bike helmets, motorcycles or any of that stuff.

It came with a head mount headband thing. Perfect if you want to go shopping with a camera stuck on the top of your head. It also had a kick ass bike helmet mount.

I like that one. The only problem is I like doing time lapse videos, and that doesn't work the best with the cam on the helmet. Turning the head to check for traffic messes up the video.

Today I was loose for a short while in a big box store. They sell my brand of camera, and some of the accessories. Bought two more mounting devices.

Got a nice, sturdy bike mount. Now instead of the camera being on the helmet, it'll be bolted to the bike frame. That should work better.

The other straps the camera securely to the operator's chest. The head strap just didn't seem secure if any body movement would be going on. The chest strap is much better. It is also not as strange looking as the head strap. One could walk a mall with it on and not garner any stares. Not a spy cam by any means, but less of a neon sign.

Tomorrow, I'll be off to make some videos.

I hope I get jolly results.

No comments:

Post a Comment