Tuesday 12 July 2011

Ran a little instead...

Today I almost made it to Karate. The UVIC club class starts at 6pm, and we were still eating supper. Can't rush these things.

I don't feel guilty. I ran 25km today, for no reason at all. I ran down Cedar Hill Road, until it changed into Cook Street, and just kept going. Got to the end of Cook Street, where it slams into the ocean, turned left, and just kept going. Followed the shoreline roads around until I was back here. That's the farthest I've ever gone in one go.

I've done a couple of half-marathons, which are 21-point-something km. They hurt more, as I always run too fast. Did today's run at an average speed of 9kph. I feel fine.

Enough for one day? Not quite. Helen and I had to split up, and were to meet at mom's care home around lunchtime. She got the car, and I rode the bike. It's about 7km each way.

Karate would have been nice icing on the cake, but the pita rolls were too enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment