Monday 18 July 2011

Off the boat

My chair feels fabulous. I'm sure it missed me, as did the TV.

Caught the 7am ferry from Victoria to Vancouver. The drive across Van was not bad, but chocked up around the Lions Gate Bridge. Arrived at about 10am at the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal parking lot. The next boat wasn't until noon, so we killed some time in town.

The boat got us almost to our shore, and then had a technical problem and couldn't dock until some of the crew beat it back into shape with a bit of brute force. Finally stepped into our house about 2pm.

A long, slow day overall.

Now home, and the laundry done.

It will be time to run soon. I've been doing plenty of running in Victoria, but it will feel good to be back on my old trails. Who would have thunk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment