Sunday 22 April 2012

Saturday testing

Three of us have started our Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt exams. There are four precise technique drill sets to get through, and one set of sparring. Five parts altogether.

On Saturday we all completed one of the drill sets. The action was recorded in video form and was put aside to be sent to HQ once everything is done.

Now that we've started, I want to get it all done. As testing is normally only done at the Saturday class, it should take four more weeks.

Next week, the instructor is away. OK, it will take five weeks. Unfortunately I will miss Saturday in five weeks. OK, it will take me six weeks.

Assuming, of course, that the videos are good enough when the instructor reviews them. Each one not up to snuff could add another week.

It is possible to do more than one set on a Saturday, but that would be pushing pretty hard. I can't see that happening if we are all there. Maybe one or two guys could do it. Bigger groups move slower, and the actual recording takes considerable time. The practise and the testing all have to be squeezed into one hour.

An hour can be a very tiny piece of time. We can't stay late as there is a Blue Belt class right after ours.

I will continue my regular training, and increase my test technique reviews. I want to be ready if any time pops up when a test part can be done, or if two can be done on any given Saturday.

The good news is that even if it all takes me six more weeks it will still only be June 2nd. This leaves four more Saturdays for retakes before the end of June.

That's my goal. Done and uploaded to HQ by the end of June.

It makes Karate tests seem simple in comparison.

And nobody sits on your chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment