Tuesday 17 April 2012

Last Stripe

The end of my time as a White Belt in Jiu-Jitsu got closer tonight.

I was awarded my 4th and final stripe for my belt. The instructor also looked over my record card, and said I'll be starting my promotion test soon. Technically I have a few classes left to complete, but it's up to him when my exam can start.

There are a couple of test sections that I am ready for, and a couple I am not. Perhaps we'll do those ones first, while I'm still training a bit more for the other parts.

I hope this is how it goes as it means I have over two months to complete the test before summer. Likely the recordings could all be sent to HQ for final evaluation before the end of May. It takes a week or two to get results, so news of the decision regarding promotion would be back before summer, too. This would be a bonus.

I'd be happy to just get it all done, recorded, and sent off before July. Finding out the result as well would be very nice.

If I pass, I think it will be the fastest anyone has earned a Blue Belt at my local club. I will also be the oldest person to earn a Gracie Blue Belt in all of Canada.

Then it's on to the advanced class to learn even sneakier ways to choke and squish my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment