Thursday 26 April 2012

Choke 'em

Tonight we were working on triangle chokes. That's where you grab your opponent's neck and one of his arms with your legs. You then use your leg and his own arm to cut off the blood to his brain and he taps out. Either that or he takes a nap.

It is very difficult to perform, and there are several variations to work through.

I was happy when I found out it was triangle tonight, as it's one of the techniques I considered myself weak in.

So off we went. It turned out I spent most of the time teaching my partners how to do it. I guess I knew triangle better than I thought.

At one point, the instructor had the person acting as the opponent do everything possible to make the technique not work. When it was my turn, my opponent went nuts.

When this happens, you are supposed to maintain a controlling position, relax, and let him burn himself out. He thrashed, couldn't get away, and I just took it easy. When he pooped out, I applied the choke in a non-standard way in a very non-standard position.

He made funny noises, and tapped.

I guess it might actually be one of my best techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment