Wednesday 18 April 2012

Ache

I ran too far on the weekend wearing my tippy-toe shoes.

Usually when I overdo something I feel it in my muscles two days later. Most people feel it the very next day but I've always been a little different. What I usually get is maybe a little stiffness the first day, but the deadly deadly feeling comes on day two.

So there I was finishing my run and both my calves were pretty darn tired. A better way to describe it would be minor agony.

The next day I was as stiff in the legs as I have ever been before. Knowing my body I was a bit concerned about what would hit me on day two.

Day two was worse; much worse; much, much worse. Stairs were very, very bad things.

It's now the day after that and I'm okay. I can still feel my calves. They whine at me a little, but I'm okay.

On the weekend I'll probably run again. I'm just hoping I don't go through exactly the same thing. I don't mind a little resistance from my body but this was crazy.

Suffering just to run is a very bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment