Friday 13 April 2012

New Shoes

Barefoot running is the latest fad. They say it is a more natural way to do it. It is also really hard on the feet.

Imagine giving it a try, and stepping on some broken glass, or even some crushed gravel.

The newest variation is barefoot running shoes. Quite a contradiction in terms, but actually a good idea. They fit close to the feet, provide no cushioning or support, and yet act as a super tough layer of skin. They even have separate compartments for each toe.

This has been intriguing me for a while. Last Saturday I bought a pair. They say you should start with short runs as this kind of running is so different. I cranked out a few kilometres that day. My calves found it quite a challenge.

I didn’t get another chance on that weekend, and have been too busy since. Maybe tomorrow I’ll get the new booties on the road again. I’d like to take them on a normal distance run. Maybe 8-10 km. That should let me know how my body likes running this way.





1 comment:

  1. Ian and his g/f Danielle have been running with these shoes for awhile....Ian let me try his on hahaha. Pretty funny stuff but once they got used to them they really liked them.

    ReplyDelete