Monday 30 April 2012

Old Day

I think I should plan myself a typical retirement day.

As an early riser, I should try and get moving early. Being awake and just sitting wastes the day. I want to run every day, so I should get going. Likely it could be done before 7am.

Helen gets up later than me, so my run won't interfere with anything of hers.

A little recovery time might be nice. After that, a bike ride to town for a cup of coffee someplace would fit nicely. Back home and it still isn't lunchtime.

Helen has a bike, too. I don't know if she'll want to have any coffee-shop time.

Naps will attack me, and I will accept them.

Helen is a fabulous musician, and is eager to join the other retired musicians in their various weekday sessions and gigs.

In the evening it will be martial arts time for me, and more music for Helen.

Jiu-Jitsu nights start at 6pm. For Blue Belts it ends two hours later. Even with a half hour drive each way it doesn't create a late night.

On Karate nights, we currently go from 7:30 to 9pm. This is later than I like. Maybe we'll be able to get something earlier. I'd love 6-7:30pm instead or something closer to it.

This, of course, is an at-home day. Days travelling will have quite a different face altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment