Saturday 28 April 2012

Long testing

So here I am, all eager to complete my Blue Belt exam. Around here we video one section each Saturday, so it all takes 5 weeks.

That's the goal. The problem is our instructor is going to be away on one of those Saturdays, moving it all back a week. This pushes the last test day onto a weekend I cannot attend, moving it back for me yet another week.

My new total looked like being 7 weeks.

Good news arrived. Our instructor passed responsibility for today's testing and recording to some of his senior students. He'll still review the recorded results later, but it's a brilliant idea. If it doesn't work out, we just do it again. It also loads responsibility on others, forcing them to expand.

This moves the last week of the test off of the weekend I can't attend. From 7 weeks, I'm back to 5.

Then it’s continuing to train as a White Belt while waiting for the results. Sort of a limbo.

Three of us started our tests at the same time. Assuming we all finish at the same time we will be waiting together. It would seriously stink if anybody failed.

I am looking forward to more advanced training. The first thing the Blue Belts learn are the counters to all the moves they learned as White Belts. I find that very interesting.

And I’m hoping I can start a tradition of going for coffee after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment