Wednesday 25 April 2012

Private Lessons

Tonight is my very last private lesson in Jiu-Jitsu. Altogether I've done 15 of them since September.

They have made a huge difference.

They helped me qualify early to attend the Saturday classes, and helped with my general progress.

If I hadn't done private classes, I would have only completed 51 Combatives classes and 5 Reflex sessions by now. As it stands, I've done 64 Combatives and 12 Reflex classes. I would be nowhere near ready to test without the private training.

I started testing last Saturday.

My instructor for the private classes is named Sterling. He does a very good job of demonstrating and explaining everything, and then has allowed me to practise on him again, and again, and again. He is both a Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt and a Black Belt in Hapkido.

Now when I train, it is to get myself polished up for testing. I am also reviewing the test technique sequences over and over. I need to be ready whenever the instructor finds enough time for me to perform and record a test section.

I've never enjoyed testing in any form, and want it all over with.

Then I get to go to the fancy class and get squished new and wonderful ways.









No comments:

Post a Comment