Saturday 31 December 2011

No conflict allowed

Helen and I are about to come into conflict.

She needs the car every workday, and on Friday night. She would like to have it Tuesday evening, too, but I get it then. I drop her off at ukulele, and she bums a ride home off a friend. I get it after supper Wednesday and Thursday as well.

I am about to start needing wheels on Saturday morning. This is trouble, as Helen has gigs then more often than not.

Somebody it going to lose out.

Won't be a problem soon, as yesterday we ordered a new second car. It is such a new model that dealers didn't even have demos until after Xmas. We took one for a spin, let the idea sit for a couple of days and yesterday called the dealership.

Sounds like ours will be off the boat at the end of January.

I'll still be mister bike-to-work. The car will be a backup for really lousy weather, and also a conflict avoidance device. It means we can always do our separate activities with ease.

Likely I'll be driving the new one, as it is incredibly tiny. Helen hauls around violins, guitars, bags of sheet music, stools, ukuleles and accordions. She often also has friends to haul around and their gear as well.

My gear consists of a gym bag with a white suit in it, and I have no friends. None I need to drive around much anyway.

So the deposit is in, the salesman is excited, and our car is in the pipeline.

Vroom....vroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment