Friday 9 December 2011

I can count to five

I am a disorganized guy. Often, I end up at work without an essential item. I don't mean school materials. Those I am able to take care of. It is me I can't get on top of.

There is now a five count checklist before I head out the door. I use the same list whenever I go out. Sometimes I leave an item behind, but doing so is always deliberate.

Item one is my keys. For work, this is my school key. For non-work it is usually a car key. If I don't need either, it's no key. Our house doors have combination locks.

Item two is glasses. No glasses equals can't read nothing. I have a pair of cheap reading specs at school, but my real ones are much better. Anywhere I go I want my good glasses.

Item three is hearing aids. Age sucks, but one mustn't deny its effects. If I won't be needing them, they can stay home, but not for work or social activities, except martial arts. Wouldn't want them getting smashed in deep by an accidental whack.

Number four is money. I like to carry enough money to do whatever I might decide to. Eat out, have a soda, buy some pants. I make sure I have enough to follow a whim. With no cash one feels very limited.

Lastly on the list is my iPod. When I have it I am not only carrying all my music, but also my audio books, podcasts, several movies, a couple of games, a memo pad, and my Kindle books. It's also a camera. Lately, my iPod has become item 5.1, while 5.2 is my phone. Must keep contact with my lovely wife.

That's it. That's me in organized mode. Think of the horrifying alternative. He arrives at work, unable to read or hear polite student's voices. He can't get into his classroom, or afford to buy a cup of coffee on the way to work. On top of all that he doesn't have his personal electronics.

I hate it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment