Thursday 8 December 2011

Firefly

Five bike lights. It might be an addiction.

There is a built-in rear light that I never liked. It stopped working a while back anyway. There is a small red light snapped on that is darn bright.

The main forward LED light uses a couple of penlight batteries and throws a surprising glow. Next to that is an almost-as-bright one that is rechargeable. The last of my forward white lights is strapped on my helmet. In morning's dark, I can see pretty well.

Some bikes have incredible set-ups that rival the headlight on a motorbike. They can cost as much as an entire bike. I'm too cheap for that.

I would like a few more of the tiny rechargeable LED dealies. They weight nothing and take no space. I'd look like the Disneyland Light Parade.

They are for safely, as they let me see and make me visible to cars. If I get enough, drivers will have to pull over and shield their eyes.

That will work, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment