Sunday 4 December 2011

Ankle

Thursday I got a couple of nuttin' injuries. The first was purely cosmetic. It was a horizontal line across my face that faded in a couple of days. Maybe my head folded funny.

The other was the slightest twisting of my ankle. Barely noticed it.

Friday I joined one of the PE classes in the gym for over an hour of line dancing. That evening I trained at Karate. Right after class, put on my fancy clothes and we went out dancing.

Saturday morning, my ankle greeted me with a jaunty, "Good morning, and I'm a little cranky."

It felt twisted for real, or sprained, or something. I could walk with barely a limp, but anything more vigorous could cause real damage. The scheduled trip into the city didn't happen.

I was supposed to go train with Yaguchi Sensei, a ninth Dan and true master of Karate. Likely I could have made it through, but the damage would likely be an issue for a fair chunk of healing time.

There are still two training weeks before my two weeks off at Christmas.

A bit of a rest then will be my present to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment