Saturday 24 December 2011

So who locks a university?

Today, so far, is not what I expected or wanted.

Off on my run in the morning dark. Hit the University grounds just as something internal hit me. No warning, then suddenly a desparate desire to have a little sit down on a porcelain chair, if you know what I mean. The kind where one dare not take a step, then it subsides a bit, a quick waddle, then have to freeze again....repeat many times.

All the usual always-open University doors were locked, it being both Saturday and Dec. 24th. After a bit I gave up on that. Luckily nature lightened her gut grip somewhat, and I ran on to the nearest Starbucks.

I must say that it felt very relaxing for me there, and there had been no poo-tastrophie.

From the Starbucks I felt like walking, and it was pleasant to do so. I felt like saying to the people I passed, "Look at me, walking like a normal person."

No comments:

Post a Comment