Thursday 15 December 2011

Bushed

At Jiu-Jitsu tonight, I'll have completed 28 classes. I will have done 5 of the classes twice, and all the rest once.

This should have taken 14 weeks. As I missed 3 classes due to illness, I could have reached this point exactly if I'd started on September 1st. I actually started three weeks later than that.

The difference has been the seven private lessons I've taken. If I hadn't taken advantage of this, I would only have completed 21 classes instead of 28. I would also have some holes in my list where some classes would have been done twice, most once, and some not at all.

One is also permitted to attend the more advanced Saturday class after one has completed any 40 classes. Without private lessons I'd be at 21 in this total as well. The private sessions count double towards this total, so I have accumulated 35. Almost there.

Tonight's class might be the toughest in a long time. I am not referring to what we will be covering, but to my current physical condition. I am bushed. I've been dancing all day, and would love to just sit in my chair and practice being a lump. I'll be fine once I get going.

I will get going, as I don't miss classes without a darn good reason.

Being bushed doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment