Tuesday 6 December 2011

Self congratulations

I love that I'm actually able to pull this off.

Tonight it was Jiu-Jitsu, and so is tomorrow. The day after? Jiu-Jitsu class again. Friday holds my regular Karate class. Saturday, a special 2 hour class in Vancouver. That's 5 days of a row of pretty intensive training.

After a couple of non-training days, it's back into the routine and 4 more days in a row of intensity.

Over Christmas, I won't be training at all. In Victoria, I switch back to running and will crank out kilometre distances every day in the double digits.

The effort doesn't slow me down. A few injuries have. A cracked rib in June, and an ankle strain this week are the worst. Neither has been a problem. There have been numerous toe injuries, including some breaks. I've barely noticed those.

I'm 55 years old, for Pete's sake. I'm supposed to be doing nothing, or perhaps the odd jaunty walk. People my age are considered active if they golf once a week, with an electric cart.

I've even toyed with the idea of organizing a weekend session to get in more Karate.

Maybe I'll explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment