Friday 2 December 2011

Student

For the last couple of months I've only been able to attend my Karate club's Friday classes. Out of those 8 Fridays, the school needed their own gym twice.

That left 6 Fridays, I could attend. For the most recent two, the instructor was away, and I was elected. Tonight is Friday again, and I'm the teacher again.

I haven't been just a guy in the line for about a month.

No problem with that. I like teaching when it isn't all the time.

To help boost up my Karate student stature, it is off tomorrow to Vancouver for two-hour seminar with 9th Dan Yaguchi Sensei. Next week it's a seminar in Chilliwack. Have to keep being a learner. I like learning.

Last year I went to a session with Yaguchi Sensei on exactly the same day in December. I was newly back at training, and a tad unsure. It was also my first workout with the ISKF organization. As a result, I made sure I was nowhere near the front of the class. That made it a little hard to see or hear in such a crowded gym.

This time I'm headed for front-and-center.

No comments:

Post a Comment