Saturday 28 May 2011

Sweat

I've been a summertime runner for many years. It was a healthy thing to do, but I just couldn't force myself to run through the off season. Call me wimpy.

About five years ago, I started running year round. I don't run on workdays, but get out on all the rest. I was proud of turning into a more serious runner. Of course, there are many folks out there my age or more that do it better.

Two years ago, I replaced our second car with a bike, and have ridden it to work ever since. I also use the two-wheeler most of the time as my non-work transportation, too. I am proud of being a biker rather than a driver. So now I was a running, biking fool. Still, I am bested by many other old guys.

Last November, I returned to Karate training. I typically attend three classes a week. Now I am a biking, running, Karate dude. Can't imagine all that many old farts doing that particular combination.

Oh, yeah. I can dance, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment