Wednesday 4 May 2011

Computer Meltdown

I have three laptop computers, or maybe I have none.

One isn’t really mine. It belongs to the school district I work for. It is a bottom-of-the-line Macbook that I really don’t like using. I far prefer Windows 7. So sue me.

My newest machine is only a year or so old. It is a seriously underpowered pink netbook. It cost almost nothing, and is the smallest and cutest computer I’ve ever used. It’s perfect for hauling around. Sadly, I spilled coffee on it a couple of months ago, and it’s never been the same. She still works, but is no longer reliable.

My favorite is my Toshiba. This baby is long in the tooth at 3 or 4 years if age, but still has twice the processing power of the much newer Macbook, and 6 times the power of little pinkie.  This baby is set up exactly how I want a computer to be. Today, my best computer has developed problems that make it intermittently unstable. The writing is on the wall.

Repair on the Toshiba would easily cost more than a replacement’s price would be.

I suppose it’s good news that computer prices are extremely low these days. It would be about $400 to buy a new computer.

This is less than I spent recently on an iPad, and even less than I spent on my iPod Touch, but it’s still galling.

This week Helen us up a lottery ticket. The drawing was a couple of days ago. A win could bring up to $7 million. Guess we should check it.

I could then get 17 thousand new laptops. Bet I could get a bulk discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment