Thursday 5 May 2011

Harry Potter

I am out of action.

Nothing big, but really can’t do anything more physical than microwaving a burrito. It will only last a little while.

No bike for a few days. No running on the weekend. No Karate for a week.

It doesn’t matter, but is annoying.

If we are lucky, we get ourselves hooked into little patterns of good behavior. My bike saves me having a second car, and is healthy. Running is good for me, too. Karate is healthy, sort of, and I really enjoy doing it.

My patterns are down. My rituals are scattered.

It can be all to easy to let a break, become a full stop. Surely you’ve known somebody who was on a diet for a while, or trying to quit smoking. One slip and they throw up their hands and the entire effort is off.

Broken patterns should just mean you are on pause for a wee while. If the phone rings while you are watching a recorded movie, do you erase Harry Potter because you had been forced to put him on pause?

Harry Potter would never do that to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment