Saturday 21 May 2011

Finishline

I fear I am doomed, and it's all because of holidays.

Don't misundertand me. As a teacher, I am blessed with vacation time that most people only ever get to experience as schoolkids. I would never dream of wanting more time off.

The problem is pacing. Teaching is a pretty draining activity. I always manage to get through, collapsing the instant vacationtime starts. No reserves left. Just inch over the finish line, and done.

This long weekend we have gone to Williams Lake for a family affair. Should be great. It does, however, feal suspiciously like summer. Back home, even the sunniest of days have been bloody cold. Here in the interior, it's turn-on-the-air-conditioning hot. Stinking hot. Sweaty hot. Peel-off-layer hot.

I feel my body already deciding it's summer, even though it is not. Back home real soon and back to work. Back to work with June 30th being the last work day, and my sorry self all shut down prematurely.

Body to self, "Can't concentrate, or walk with a zing in my step, or speak in sentences...for summer meltdown has already occurred."

Damn you, Williams Lake.

1 comment:

  1. Gordon,
    you missed a day.
    If you read your contract's small print very carefully, that means that you owe all yellow belts in the dojo a chocolate chip cookie. We have to have something to make up for the deprivation of excellent reading material.
    Keeping count,
    a yellow

    ReplyDelete