Tuesday 17 May 2011

Hot

The weather got sunny. I am most pleased.

The temperature might have even snuck up a degree or two.

My morning bike ride was very nice, and the afternoon cruise home even better.

My ideal world would have no rain. This would be unfortunate, as it would mean the end life as we know it, but the first month or two would be swell.

I also like it hot. We often got to Vegas in the summer. It's a great vacation, but only if one likes things hot beyond human understanding. It does cool off at night to an icy 25 or so just before dawn. By the time I do my 7am run along the strip, it's back above 30. Then things start getting warm.

We also do Florida in the summer sometimes. Hot there, too, but the 500% humidity makes it different. If you get thirsty, you can inhale and strain some water out through your teeth.

Somehow the gods have decided that I be Canadian. It's a fine choice in many ways, but the weather thing isn't a perfect fit. They were nice and let me live on the coast, where real cold is a rarity.

As a joke, they put me in Ft. St. John for a decade.

At least it didn't rain much.

No comments:

Post a Comment