Tuesday 3 May 2011

The Back is Back

My body and I normally get along just fine. It’s never let me down in any big way.

However, every so often my back gets interesting. There never seems to be a reason, so I can’t predict when it will happen. It doesn’t get caused by lifting or twisting or any of those things that are supposed to set backs off.

Sometimes I just wake up stiff. Today it wasn’t even that.

I was walking around the school getting ready for my day, and noticed that my back was doing its thing. No serious pain or anything like that, just a stiff feeling that means trouble. My back was just fine on the bike ride to work. See what I mean? Unpredictable.

So I popped down some over-the-counter back pills, which do a pretty bang up job of relieving things. I walk with my back extra straight.

Now I’m home, with a heating pad strapped on. I like my heating pad. It’s warm. I feel like a kitten sleeping in the sun.

No Karate for me tonight or I’ll certainly be off work tomorrow. The concept of pushing through is one that doesn’t work with this back of mine. It’s like double dog daring it to lay me flat. It will.

So it will be a few days of back pills, heating pads, and walking like I have a stick up my butt.

It’s nothing, not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment