Friday 13 May 2011

Ready

I am extremely ready for summer.

There will be 3 parts to it, maybe in many small pieces or maybe in just 3 big ones.

We will spend some time at home. We rarely do this, and I’m looking forward to it. Doing things we like in a place we love.

Part of the summer will be visiting good friends up in Vernon. Summer there is hot, and dry. We’ll river raft, restaurant eat, shop, giggle, and go wine touring. They are our best friends in the world.

The last chunk of time will be in Victoria, the city where all of our family lives. We will visit mom daily in her care home. We’ll also visit with my sister, and her husband. Likely we’ll stay with Helen’s brother, his wife, their three kids, dog, and cat. It’s fun there.

In Victoria, I have a pre-paid one month membership to a hot yoga place. That’s where you go and do yoga, and they heat the room up to a zillion degrees. Many people hate this, and purists call it a gimmick. I look forward to a zillion degrees. I want to sweat like a pig.

Might go train with the Victoria Judo Club. They started in the 1950s. Talk about tradition. It is also about a block from mom’s place, and a block from a heavenly pizza place.

Our electric bikes will go wherever we go, and I love running while home, and in Victoria, and in Vernon.

One of my very favourite runs anywhere is in Victoria along Dallas road from Clover Point to the Breakwater, and back. The time to do this is pre-7am. The light rocks, and the sea views are beyond compare. I have to use the car to get there, but it’s worth it. No Starbucks on Dallas Road, but many on the way there.

I told you I was ready for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment