Monday 16 May 2011

Melted Hills

My bike is a dandy.

I've ridden it to and from school every day for two years, except when there was snow, or the bike was in for servicing.

The batteries are getting a bit old, but they still do the trick.

The bike senses how hard I pedal, and either does 33% of the work, half of the work, or two thirds. Hills melt away.

I usually ride with my trusty steed on the lowest setting to preserve battery juice.

Lazy, you say. Yup, says I.

I've tried riding a normal bike to work, but have never managed to make it work for more than one day. I've used the electric to do 4000km just going back and forth to work. It is also my 'car', and I use it often to go into town, or just to pleasure ride. Let's call it 5000km to be on the conservative side.

I admit that it's not as healthy as riding sans-electric, but that isn't the choice. It is between 5000km where I only do 2/3 of the work, and having a car. I think I've made the right choice.

I haven't been able to find any electric shoes to assist me in my running. That I have to do on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment