Friday 20 May 2011

My New Suit

My highest-quality, best-fitting gi is going to Karate tonight. Big holes covered the back/neck area caused by extreme old age.

A friend from work offered to fix it. A newer gi was sacrificed as an organ donor. I am most grateful. The work is a minor miracle.

I don't know why this suit holds so much meaning for me, but it does. It was part of a special order from the finest manufacturer in Japan. It has my old association's crest embroidered onto the left breast.

This is not the correct crest for my new association. It isn't even the correct crest anymore for my old association. It's an emblem of historical vintage.

I think Sensei won't say anything, unless I try and wear it when out-of-towners come to visit. I never would. It's my private, home-dojo-only gi.

It's funny the things we decide are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment