Wednesday 4 January 2012

Tired

Things are smoother at the private Jiu-Jitsu lessons I go to on Wednesdays.

Even with one-on-one instruction, it has been taking most of the time for the instructor to teach me what the heck we are doing. It has all been new.

This has changed. I've done every lesson at least once. Now, although I need reminders of what is going on, it takes very little time to stimulate the old brain cells and be doing the lesson's techniques correctly.

We do more repetitions that I used to get when I was learning stuff from scratch. There is even time to go over extra material that either the instructor or I come up with.

Tonight, we also did a few minutes of semi-free sparring. White Belts just don't get to do that in the non-private lessons. It's the very fun. It reminds me of the wrestling I used to do.

The private lessons are also much more tiring than the regular ones. In the regular classes, about 1/3 of the time is spent watching demos. In the private lessons, the student is working all the time.

It's a good tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment