Sunday 15 January 2012

Milestone

On Tuesday I hit another Jiu-Jitsu landmark. I'll pass halfway on the road through my White Belt; halfway to Blue.

The next night it will by the end of my weekly private lessons.

Saturday will be my first reflex development class, which I've just become qualified to attend.

That's three little milestones in a week.

The next won't be until I've completed every one of the lessons twice. That will happen about the end of February.

After that, the next milestone is completion of the third time through, and reaching qualification to grade early in May.

The test itself will be the last.

I like there little events to mark progress in a greater goal. It's all very artificial, as are the belts themselves. Gimmicks. Motivational gimmicks.

They work. They are fun. They impose structure.



No comments:

Post a Comment