Saturday 7 January 2012

Lights again

My bike's handlebars have 5 lights on them, and a bottle holder, and a GPS mount, in addition to the 2 brake controls and the right-hand gear shift.

I have to do something about that, as I'm soon going to add even more stuff. Certainly need a mount for my phone and/or ipod.

I've just ordered a couple of wee bar things that attach to the handlebar, stick up from it, and add about 4 inches of straight bar. The cost in handlebar real estate is about an inch. Net gain is significant.

If I remove all my crap, except for the immobile brakes, bottle holder and gear control, two extenders will easily fit. That will give me about 8 inches of rail to put stuff on. I bet all my lights and mounts will fit on that, with room to spare.

Just in case, I've also ordered a similar item that attaches to the frame of the bike next to the handlebars. It adds 4.5 inches of straight rail.

That's a total between the 3 extenders of over a foot of rail.

Maybe I can fit on a big screen TV.....

No comments:

Post a Comment