Saturday 28 January 2012

JKA day

Today there was a workshop in North Vancouver put on by the Japan Karate Association. Helen and I left home at 5:30am so as to be on the first ferry.

Helen had me drop her off at a mall, and I toddled off to the gym.

It was well attended, but wasn't as crowded as I would have expected. The training ran for two hours.

It's remarkable how much I don't know yet. I've been in Karate for 30 years

The bad part was how badly my body took things. By the end, my pulled groin muscle was complaining quite loudly. My leg muscles were all quite finished as well, and will likely have rigor mortis tomorrow. Both back and neck are giving out warning moans.

No bashes or crashes. It wasn't that kind of training.

My brain did get overfull, which means most of what I took in got pushed right out again. I am hoping to remember the Kata stuff.

Then it was off to meet Helen at the mall. She's been having back pain lately, so we looked like the thousand-year-old couple shuffling through the mall.

We're home now, and I'm safely installed in my chair.

If I can get motivated, I just might get up to get a bowl of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment