Tuesday 3 January 2012

Fate

I was way too smart.

I was supposed to miss two Jiu-Jitsu classes over the holidays. That's how it looked on the training calendar. At my last private lesson before vacation time we did one of the ones I was going to miss. Sort of made it up ahead of time. The one we did was class number 20.

Well, it turns out that they didn't do numbered cycle classes on the days I was away, so I wouldn't have missed out anyhow.

Tonight was the first class of the New Year, and we started the cycle count again, with class number 20.

As a result, I currently have 18 classes I've done once, and 4 classes I've done twice. Lesson 20 I've done three times already. Foiled. As we roll along and turn all those ones into twos, that single three will stand out like a sore thumb. It looks like it will be a four before all the rest turn into threes.

I looked ahead to the next class I know I'm going to miss. This will be during Spring Break in March. One of the two classes I will miss will be....wait for it...lesson 20.

Thank you, universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment