Thursday 31 May 2012

Another down

Another fifth of my test is done. It was the very last of the drill sections.

All that I have left to do is the part called Freestyle Fight Simulation.

For four minutes the candidate and their partner do an exercise that looks like two people fighting. In it, the partner repeatedly presents as many of the cues and indicators as possible, and the examinee has to respond with the correct countermove.

You try and cover as many techniques as possible. Some will be missed, and others done several times. The examiners watch to make sure that too many cues are not missed, and that there are no significant pauses between the movements.

It is said that this is the most important, and also the most difficult part of the test.

It certainly is difficult. If one is too tense, or too nervous, it can be almost impossible. Four minutes doesn't sound like much, and it isn't if one is relaxed. I may be old, but I am really, really good at relaxing while fighting.

The instructor said we’ll be working on this stuff Saturday, so I’ll likely get a shot at finishing off the last of my exam.

My instructor still has to review my recordings. Some might require re-recording, but I won’t mind. I have almost a month to brush up any that are flawed.

I hate exams, but I can see the end approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment