Friday 11 May 2012

Stupid Delay

I am close to the end of my Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt exam, but things might be stalled. At the Saturday classes, we go over one of the sections of the test, and then do the actual test with recording. The instructor is usually there to supervise the review, and to supervise the actual test.

For the next two weekends, not only won't the instructor be present but there will be no classes at all. He said it would be OK if we did the testing after evening classes.

My additional problem is that I cannot attend the Saturday after that. Not only a two-week delay, but for me it's three.

The problem with this is that we wouldn't get the wonderful test technique review as we get on a typical Saturday.

To pull this off, I'll have to review the material at home until I cannot possibly do it wrong. This will be tricky as I have no training partner to work with. It would be all mental review.

During evening training I could kidnap a partner and work test technique when the others are practising that evening's material. This would add up to a physical run-through or two before I'd have to do it before the camera.

Wait three weeks, or take a harder road? I want the test finished, so I shall press forward.

If the effort fails, I'll still be readier when I attend a normal Saturday class. Might be done the rest of my test by mid-June.

If I partially succeed and complete one of the two sections I have to complete, I shall consider it a bonus. I could be finished the rest by the first week of June.

If I manage to complete both final sections I shall be victorious. Being done before the end of May would be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment