Wednesday 2 May 2012

Racing me

So far in 2012, I've ridden 720 bike kilometres and run 116.

That might seem a lot, but last year at the same time I'd completed 908 on wheels and 258 on foot.

There are several reasons I'm so far behind. One is that this year I have a car, and am able to choose not to ride to work sometimes.

Another is that last year my only other physical activity was two Karate classes a week. This year I'm going to five martial arts sessions each week. Two of these are on Saturday, which used to be my top running day.

So I have reasons I am doing less, but it still sticks in my craw. I'd like to be at least closer.

As my records are by week, I actually have until bedtime Saturday to catch up a little. No car to work for me. That should add a few kms to the total. I will also squeeze a run into Saturday.

What else can I do? There are no martial arts tonight or Friday. I will run on both of these days as well.

So I'll sneak up a bit on the 2011 version of me.

To actually catch up, I'll have to up the pace week after week.

Don't know if I can do that.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive sir. Your making my mild attempts at getting more fit seem paltry. Well at least I have a few years to catch up to you! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete