Friday 4 May 2012

Do it

How can I possibly tape the hardest segment of my Blue Belt exam tomorrow? The instructor will not be there.

Of course, one or two of the Blue Belts will be there. They will do everything they can to help, but it just isn't the same.

Dan will be there, and he needs to do one of his earlier segments over. That will fill a chunk of our limited time.

What will I have to do to stand any chance?

I have to trust my training. I've been at this since September. Not having final advice and review will be mostly a psychological hit. My confidence has to stay up of its own accord.

I also need to review the test techniques at my leisure tonight. This doesn't mean slamming my wife around, but rather going over the list of material and watching the demonstration video. Doing this with full concentration is almost as valuable as real, in-person drill.

So I need to remain confident, trust in my training, and do final review at home. Any work we do tomorrow will be gravy.

The worst that might happen is that it isn't up to snuff. In this case, the instructor will call for a do-over once he's had a chance to review the recordings.

No problem.

Fear no defeat, and success is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment