Sunday 13 May 2012

Brave Combat injury

Stupid leg. I went off running today. About one kilometre in there was a discomfort in my left Achilles tendon. By the time another klick was done, so was I.

The rest to the run was aborted, and I limped home.

It’s a few hours later, and the bloody thing has stiffened up considerably.

So my leg is bummed up, and there is no real reason. No twist, or stumble, or pull. Just my leg deciding it wanted a saucy limp.

If it remains this stiff tomorrow, I won’t be biking to work either.

My priority, after avoiding serious injury, is to be able to continue with my Jiu-Jitsu and Karate.

Karate is easy. As the instructor I need not do anything with that leg other than hobble about.

Jiu-Jitsu does not require much mileage, but a certain suppleness is a must. Play that game with the wrong injury and real damage can occur.

I think I’ll be wearing a few turns of duct tape for the next few days. It works as well as sports tape, and stays in place better.





No comments:

Post a Comment