Thursday 24 May 2012

Conflicts arise

I have conflicts.

There is just too much to do.

I was attending a friend's Karate class. It was enjoyable, but I wasn't learning new things.

I started Jiu-Jitsu classes so I could get back to learning. That worked great, but the training times conflicted. I had to give up half of the Karate. The other Karate night was Friday, and everything that popped up seemed to fall on Friday.

I decided I had to let the Fridays go, too, but I didn't want to leave Karate altogether. Some friends kept asking me if I was going to teach a class again, and I finally said yes.

Set up the Karate times so they would not conflict with Jiu-Jitsu.

The coolest day of my week became Saturday. I have Jiu-Jitsu in the morning and teach Karate in the afternoon.

Still conflicts arise. This Saturday I am off to Chilliwack for a really big-deal Karate seminar. This bumps me out of both grappling and my own Karate class.

These things happen. Jiu-Jitsu I just have to miss. Karate goes on without me. The students are all expected to show and work on their Katas and such. They'll be fine for one day.

There is some chance that grappling with change days and times soon. The instructor is trying to get a different location.

It is hoped this won't create new conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment