Wednesday 9 May 2012

Worthwhile

I have been pushing to advance quickly in Jiu-Jitsu, and have been wondering if it made any real difference. So I figured it out.

Got to the Saturday classes three weeks earlier than otherwise. I started testing in the middle of April. If I hadn't done all the extra training, I would not have started my exams yet.

In fact, wouldn't be starting my testing until about the middle of June.

As it is, I'll be finished quite soon, instead of being unable to complete the exam before the start of Summer. I shut down in Summer.

This means that in the fall I will start attending the advanced classes. If I were unable to complete my exam, September would be spent trying to wear off my Summer rust just to start my test. Maybe I'd be done before Christmas.

Let's say "Slow me", is able by Christmas to start being a Blue Belt while "Fast me" will have been one for months already.

Those are months that will be invested in learning more advanced technique. The difference in level will get greater with time even though I've already stopped accelerated training.

It turns out it was even a better idea than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment